These past few weeks have been extremely busy for me, yet I couldn’t resist the urge to try and make my own yogurt especially when realizing how easy the procedure is. I’ve made 3 batches of yogurt using this maker and it worked out well every time! So glad I wouldn’t have to grocery shop for commercial yogurt anymore. I’m actually pretty happy that I could control the whole ingredients in my yogurt now.
The new addition to my kitchen appliances…
Here’s my yogurt recipe:
1. heat 4 cups of non-fat milk in microwave for 5-6 min to the point just below the boiling temperture.
2. Rest the milk at room temperature for 25-30 minutes until milk is luke warm.
3. Add 1 sachet of yogurt starter (I use Yogourmet), along with any flavor if desired. (sometimes I added 1 tbsp of extracted vanilla) and mix well with the milk.
4. Pour the mixture into the Salton yogurt container
5. Let stand in the machine for 4-12 hours. The longer time the more tarty the yogurt. I usually prefer 6 hours because Yogourmet culture really produces sour yogurt if incubated for too long.
6. Refrigerate the partially set yogurt in 4C fridge for 2-3 hours minimum.
I even tried and made frozen yogurt ice-cream from this homemade yogurt. And the result was terrific!